Friday, July 27, 2012

Step 1: Planting the seed


If you are a wife ( or any woman) interested in getting into a Fantasy Football League, this blog is for you. Last night my husband Jack asked me to join his Arleigh Burke league. Fantasy sports are something I've thought about joining in on since college but never did. In college people always said to me "I'm surprised you don't play" and I would just shrug. Honestly though, I never joined a league because I don't know how to play. Jack wants me to play, I've always been curious about it, so here goes. As I learn, I will share what I've learned with all of you, so that you don't hold back if you want to join a league. The blog is called "for wives" as a generalization because you are more likely to be interested in joining a fantasy league because you have a boyfriend or husband who has made you stay at a bar for 6 hours to watch multiple football games because some player is on his fantasy team. Or, you live with a man who won't let you watch anything else during baseball season because his fantasy team is made up of half the MLB league, he wants to see the Yankees win, or he wants to see the Red Sox lose. For all the women out there who were bored because you only cared about ONE team but had to endure it all- this blog is for you. It's not "Fantasy Football for Dummies" because we are not dummies. If men can figure this out, we can excel in it. So I will be delivering information in steps and let you know how it's all going, how the draft works, how my team is doing, navigating the ESPN fantasy football page, etc. Please feel free to post questions, but remember, this is the blind leading the blind so I may not be able to answer them. I am sharing as I learn. Women, be empowered with information.

Step 1
Watch the tv show The League with your man. Once what'shername starts playing in the league in season 2, your man will want you to join his league (especially if there are only 5 people in the league so far, and you are a female who gets along better with men than women anyway). This is the best route if you want to join your husband's league. Or, you could just ask him, I guess. In my case, he wanted me to watch The League with him and when we got to this episode, he had drank too much wine and too much espresso and was dying for me to join his league.


No comments:

Post a Comment